Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 198794
VGs on zSeries zfcp storage not activated at boot
Last modified: 2014-03-16 23:00:39 EDT
On zSeries machines, zSeries Fibre Channel Adapter devices are brought online by
the zcfpconf.sh script provided in s390utils:
[ -x /sbin/zfcpconf.sh ] && /sbin/zfcpconf.sh
This is called from rc.sysinit after initial LVM setup completes so any LVM PVs
present on zfcp devices are not discovered by the initial vgscan/vgchange.
A second pass LVM init is carried out, but only if an /etc/mdadm.conf file for
Software RAID exists.
Steps to reproduce
1. Create an LVM2 volume group on zfcp attached storage
2. Confirm the VG is accessible
3. Reboot the system
4. Run vgs or vgdisplay
The VG on zfcp storage is not shown.
The VG on zfcp storage is activated at boot.
Created attachment 132384 [details]
proposed patch to rc.sysinit
Proposed patch to rc.sysinit attached:
- Move mdadm-specifics out of 2nd pass LVM activation
- Add check for /etc/multipath.conf before mp initialization
- Add check for /etc/zfcp.conf to 2nd pass LVM activation
Why not just move it earlier?
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 189494 ***