Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 199060
System freezes when closing X session or switching to text console
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:37 EST
Description of problem:
The whole system freezes immediately after pressing ctrl-atl-f1 or
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
The lastest version of all packages. Output of rpm-qa will be attached.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. by pressing aforementioned keys
2. also happens when I add
to the [servers] section in /etc/gdm/custom.conf file.
1. It start occuring after upgrading to xserver 1.1.1 (it never happened using
2. It doesn't matter which kernel I'm using. Tested on:
3. If it happened, there is about 30-50 pixels wide horizontal line on top of
the screen (sometimes read, sometimes blue).
4. The system is completely frozen (keyboard, mouse, power button, remote
logging doesn't working).
Created attachment 132527 [details]
rpm -qa | sort
Created attachment 132528 [details]
Created attachment 132529 [details]
disabling "dri" module don't help.
Created attachment 132530 [details]
Created attachment 133199 [details]
full list of upgraded xorg packages
Not reproducible after upgrading to:
Cool, thanks for the update. Setting status to resolved in "RAWHIDE"