Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 199418
UI rendering problems
Last modified: 2008-12-27 07:25:53 EST
Description of problem:
The user interface of blender shows a lot of black sections that makes it
unusable. This does not happens with the official blender build: Linux i386
2.3.2, dynamic, FFMPEG, Python 2.4 (10.0 MB)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Always when using the ATI driver xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-8.26.18-1.lvn5 form Livna
I am attaching two screenshots showing the problem
Created attachment 132686 [details]
Screenshot using the fedoras extras build
Created attachment 132687 [details]
Screenshot using the blender.org build
Opps i forgot... it happens in both modes: fullscreen (blender -f) and Windowed
I can confirm this, using the nVidia driver from Livna.
Thank you for yur bug report. I thought, that shuld be a new cool theme for the
next blender version.
I have found out, that was a problem by using $RPM_OPT_FLAGS as CXXFLAGS in the
I have release a new release of the package blender-2.42-4 which should be
available in the next days on the mirrors
Disabling all of $RPM_OPT_FLAGS like this results in lack of compiler security
features which are expected to be present, as well as useless debuginfo.
Instead of disabling them altogether, find out exactly which options in
$RPM_OPT_FLAGS cause the problems, and filter only those out, leave others
intact and use them.
Should be solve in the current version of blender.
I have brought the compiler flags back in 2.48a-6.
I've tested versions 2.42 and 2.45, both compiled with standard optflags to ensure the original issue was fixed -- I observed distorts with the former and everything was all right with the later (I use RHEL 5 with current nvidia proprietary driver).
If any problems with UI arise again, please do as Ville advises and do not disable all the optflags. They are very useful from both security standpoint and for debugging -- I had to recompile blender to debug a fairly simple issue in EPEL branch, see my previous commit. Thanks!
So, I changed it once again -- the way we were adding CCFLAGS was overriding the default CCFLAGS, and in fact it weren't the Fedora optflags that were causing the trouble, but the lack of Blender default ones. I think I've fixed it in EL-5 and devel. Sorry for the noise!