Description of problem:
When the user edit a deployment (via "Edit Deployment" or "Edit DeploymentConfig", not "Edit <application-name>") and changes the strategy type to the current value the sub-form data are removed.
If the user switches to another type and then back to the previously selected type, the form data are replaced with the default (always none?) configuration as well.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Switch to developer perspective, add page, import from git
2. Enter a git URL and create the Deployment
3. Right click the Deployment in topology and select "Edit Deployment"
4. Change "Strategy type" via the dropdown
1. When switching "Strategy type" to the current value the sub form is cleared. (Rolling Update has some sub configurations.)
2. When switching "Strategy type" to another value and then back also cleared the current values. (Switching from Rolling Update to Recreate and back for example.)
1. When switching "Strategy type" to the current value the sub form should keep its data.
2. When switching "Strategy type" to another value and then back the latest values should be restored again (latest input from the user, not the initial values).
Verified it on 4.9.0-0.nightly-2021-09-07-201519. And it works as expected. Now switching between thee strategy type persist the data.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.9.0 bug fix and security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.