Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 200472
Review Request: perl-POE-Component-SNMP
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:38 EST
Spec URL: http://home.comcast.net/~ckweyl/perl-POE-Component-SNMP.spec
SRPM URL: http://home.comcast.net/~ckweyl/perl-POE-Component-SNMP-1.05-1.fc5.src.rpm
POE::Component::SNMP is a POE-ized wrapper around the the Net::SNMP module.
Most of its arguments aren't even evaluated by POE, except for -alias and
-callback_args, as described in the manpage.
If you want to make non-blocking calls with Net::SNMP in a POE application,
this is the module to do it with.
Something's odd with the test suite:
t/10_snmp_get.........POE::Kernel's run() method was never called.
all skipped: No SNMP data specified.
Looking deeper, all of the skipped tests require not only network access, but a
running SNMP server to talk to and write to that gets configured when
Makefile.PL is run. So I guess everything's working as intended.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is correct.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. License text not included upstream.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper (BR: perl is unnecessary)
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
perl(POE::Component::SNMP::Dispatcher) = 1.27
perl-POE-Component-SNMP = 1.05-1.fc6
* %check is present; the test suite doesn't seem to run well but what can run
All tests successful, 10 tests skipped.
Files=11, Tests=4, 2 wallclock secs ( 1.44 cusr + 0.50 csys = 1.94 CPU)
* no shared libraries are present.
* package is not relocatable.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no libtool .la droppings.
+Import to CVS
+Add to owners.list
+Bump release, build for devel
+devel build succeeds
+Request branching (FC-5)
Thanks for the review!