Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 200597
Review Request: perl-Gtk2-TrayIcon
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:39 EST
Spec URL: http://home.comcast.net/~ckweyl/perl-Gtk2-TrayIcon.spec
SRPM URL: http://home.comcast.net/~ckweyl/perl-Gtk2-TrayIcon-0.03-1.fc5.src.rpm
This module allows a Perl developer to embed an arbitrary widget in a System
Tray like the Gnome notification area.
This builds and installs fine; the provided example file runs fine.
The only rpmlint issue is:
W: perl-Gtk2-TrayIcon devel-file-in-non-devel-package
which is normal for arch-specific Perl modules.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is correct.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. License text not included upstream.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint has only ignorable errors.
* final provides and requires are sane:
perl(Gtk2::TrayIcon) = 0.03
perl-Gtk2-TrayIcon = 0.03-1.fc6
perl >= 0:5.008
* %check is present but necessarily disabled. It does run manually.
* shared libraries are present, but internal to Perl.
* package is not relocatable.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* the single header file is internal to Perl.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no libtool .la droppings.
+Import to CVS
+Add to owners.list
+Bump release, build for devel
+devel build succeeds
+Request branching (FC4, FC-5)
Thanks for the review! :)