Description of problem:
Adding digital signature to OOo writer file is not possible, and file signed
with a working OOo installation (Windows) are not displayed as signed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
[root@nbklx i386]# rpm -qa openoffice.org\*
And this as well, I think it's relevant:
[root@nbklx i386]# rpm -qa xmlsec1\*
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open a file with OOo writer;
2. using menu choose: File | Digital signatures...
You are showed a warning dialog box with:
"Digital signatures functionality could not be used, because no
Mozilla user profile was found. Please check the Mozilla
A list of the signatures already in the file should be presented. It should be
empty if no signature is present.
From there the dialog to add signature to the OOo file can be carried on.
If you sign a file with OOo from OpenOffice.org (or in Windows) you won't see
the digital signature using FC5 OOo.
Deinstalling FC5 OOo and installing the OpenOffice.org original distro and with
that I was able to sign the file.
I did some debug using ooo-build infrastructure, and I can provie further info
(alas ! only few infos ), seems related to --with-system-xmlsec configure flag.
I added the OOo bug reference that drove me here.
well, level 1 of the problem is that the xmlsecurity stuff looks for the moz
address book stuff to get the bootstrap thing to find the profile location of
mozilla/firefox to find the cert directory.
With a system-mozilla build this is disabled because of the dread
setting the environmental variable MOZILLA_CERTIFICATE_FOLDER to the appropiate
location might work around. I'll see if I can hack up the tiniest mozilla
profile bootstrap finder part of the mozab to support this just working out of
I did some dev grunt work, described in short here:
Can it help ?
I forgot to mention that I have MOZILLA_CERTIFICATE_FOLDER pointing to the right
According to what I read here:
Damnit, it's almost certainly
which causes the problem. Doing that allows me to see the dialog at least
I rebuild m180 from scratch, with the suggestion in comment #4 and it appears
the fix's only partial.
Now I can see the signatures on a signed OOo file, but when I try to add a new
signature it crashes.
Behaviour to crash it:
File | Digital signatures...
(the dialog listing the current signature on the file opens)
The dialog to select a certificate opens, select a certificate, when you click
OK to add it OOo crashes.
I'm going to attach a GDB backtrace of the crash, hoping it will be usefull.
Created attachment 133677 [details]
GDB backtrace of OOo crash
Hard to check that without an actual certificate, at the moment
I have a 30 day certificate ( PersonalSign Demo ) generated free here:
I've collected information on how to generate one on your own. Let me know if
you need them.
yeah, part 2 reproducable now
bugger it anyway, looks like only using the internal hacked up libxmlsec will
work. Will include that back into FC-6
Back in FC-6/rawhide now as openoffice.org 2.0.4-2.1, crashfix will be in the
next FC-5 update if there is one, but functionality won't return in FC-5 :-(
*** Bug 210725 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***