Operator upgrade authentication
is failing frequently in CI, see:
All nightly payloads have been rejected since 4.10.0-0.nightly-2021-10-10-083341
David eads has debugged and provided a prototype solution here: https://github.com/openshift/library-go/pull/1227
Also affects test https://sippy.ci.openshift.org/sippy-ng/tests/4.10/analysis?test=Operator%20upgrade%20openshift-apiserver which is perhaps more clear for why we chose this component first.
This is currently blocking payload promotion of nightlies which are used by QE and the extended company/org to consume new features and develop on top of. Given the 100% block of promotion, urgent priority is appropriate here.
** A NOTE ABOUT USING URGENT **
This BZ has been set to urgent severity and priority. When a BZ is marked urgent priority Engineers are asked to stop whatever they are doing, putting everything else on hold.
Please be prepared to have reasonable justification ready to discuss, and ensure your own and engineering management are aware and agree this BZ is urgent. Keep in mind, urgent bugs are very expensive and have maximal management visibility.
NOTE: This bug was automatically assigned to an engineering manager with the severity reset to *unspecified* until the emergency is vetted and confirmed. Please do not manually override the severity.
** INFORMATION REQUIRED **
Please answer these questions before escalation to engineering:
1. Has a link to must-gather output been provided in this BZ? We cannot work without. If must-gather fails to run, attach all relevant logs and provide the error message of must-gather.
2. Give the output of "oc get clusteroperators -o yaml".
3. In case of degraded/unavailable operators, have all their logs and the logs of the operands been analyzed [yes/no]
4. List the top 5 relevant errors from the logs of the operators and operands in (3).
5. Order the list of degraded/unavailable operators according to which is likely the cause of the failure of the other, root-cause at the top.
6. Explain why (5) is likely the right order and list the information used for that assessment.
7. Explain why Engineering is necessary to make progress.
Sorry didn't check this timely due to occupied by other work. Today checked https://github.com/openshift/library-go/pull/1228 code, seems hard to understand. (Will have a look at the replaced https://github.com/openshift/library-go/pull/1227 which has some discussion to help understand) Have to check the CI results via comment 0's links, which show the issue is not seen. So moving to VERIFIED.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.10.3 security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.