Description of problem:
The context menu of the topology opens normally downwards, but for components which are shown at the bottom edge of the visible area, the context menu opens upwards so that the context menu is (hopefully) fully visible.
This works for applications, deployments, etc. but not for Serverless components like a Knative Service or Revision. For these resources the menu always opens downwards.
See attached video.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- Works in 4.8 and 4.9
- Broken in latest console master (tested with f516dd96ec498038dfb1b4acbd08bbbc1031937d)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install the OpenShift Serverless operator
2. Switch to the Developer perspective
3. Import an application as standard Deployment
4. Import an application and enable the Serverless option
5. Switch to the topology and move the Deployment and the Serverless Service to the button edge
6. Right click the both applications (the service and revision for example) and compare it with right clicks on the app or the deployment.
- The App and Deployment context menu opens upwards, as expected.
- The Serverless Service and Revision menu opens downwards and are the options could not be selected.
- The Serverless Service and Revision menu should also open upwards when the menu could not be shown completely downwards.
Created attachment 1836720 [details]
Can we resolve the actions before rendering the menu or performing reposition once all actions are resolved (just once)?
Verified on 4.11.0-0.nightly-2022-04-01-172551
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Important: OpenShift Container Platform 4.11.0 bug fix and security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.