Created attachment 1842908 [details]
1. Please describe the problem:
After upgrading to kernel 5.12.x, I started getting these errors in dmesg:
[ 4.070813] kernel: nouveau 0000:01:00.0: ce: ucode exceeds falcon limit(s)
[ 4.070815] kernel: nouveau 0000:01:00.0: ce: init failed, -22
[ 4.070818] kernel: nouveau 0000:01:00.0: bus: MMIO read of 00000000 FAULT at 10312c [ PRIVRING ]
[ 48.235115] kernel: nouveau 0000:01:00.0: bus: MMIO read of 00000000 FAULT at 103048 [ PRIVRING ]
2. What is the Version-Release number of the kernel:
All kernels starting from
and up to
3. Did it work previously in Fedora? If so, what kernel version did the issue
*first* appear? Old kernels are available for download at
Yes. The errors are not present under 5.11.21-300.fc34.x86_64 or earlier.
4. Can you reproduce this issue? If so, please provide the steps to reproduce
the issue below:
Yes. Boot the system with 5.12.x or newer kernel.
5. Does this problem occur with the latest Rawhide kernel? To install the
Rawhide kernel, run ``sudo dnf install fedora-repos-rawhide`` followed by
``sudo dnf update --enablerepo=rawhide kernel``:
No. It seems to be fixed in 5.16-rc1. Upstream bug report says the same.
6. Are you running any modules that not shipped with directly Fedora's kernel?:
7. Please attach the kernel logs. You can get the complete kernel log
for a boot with ``journalctl --no-hostname -k > dmesg.txt``. If the
issue occurred on a previous boot, use the journalctl ``-b`` flag.
FWIW, kernel-5.15.3-200.fc35 from koji doesn't show these errors, either.