Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 202573
Icons cannot be shown for new task if category is Birthday/International/Time & Expenses
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:40 EST
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch Tasks-Evolution
2. Create a new task and set "Categories" to be Birthday/International/Time &
3. Save the task and check it in task preview window
Icons cannot be shown, pls see attached screenshot
Created attachment 134198 [details]
Changing component to 'evolution-data-server'.
See my analysis in the upstream bug report.
An ugly workaround for this follows:
1) Start Configuration Editor
2) Navigate to /apps/evolution/general/category_master_list
3) Right click on category_master_list, and select Edit Key
4) This is a very long XML string, and each category has a icon attribute that
gives a path to the image file. Look for evolution-data-server-1.x in each
path. The 'x' is probably older than what you're using now.
E-D-S needs to be able to keep these paths up-to-date without manual
intervention. One approach may be to abstract the path to the icon file in the
GConf string and have E-D-S expand it at runtime.
For example, the GConf string
would be expanded at runtime to
for evolution-data-server 1.5/1.6, and to
for evolution-data-server 1.7/1.8.
Closing as UPSTREAM since I forwarded this upstream awhile ago. I believe this
has been at least partially fixed in subsequent evolution-data-server releases,
but I will continue to track the remaining issues there. Please refer to 
for further updates.