Verified on 4.7.0-0.nightly-2021-12-04-102814.
1. Disable Cluster Version Operator.
2. Degrade Cluster Monitoring Operator:
Edit "config.yaml" key value in "cluster-monitoring-config" config map of "openshift-monitoring" namespace.
Put any non-valid yaml there.
3. Wait until Cluster Monitoring Operator will be degraded:
oc get co
4. Restart Insights Operator
5. Wait until a new archive will be created.
6. Download the archive.
config/pod/openshift-monitoring/logs contains logs for all containers of "openshift-monitoring" namespace.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (OpenShift Container Platform 4.7.40 bug fix update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.