Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 202777
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:10 EST
Description of problem:
- Intermitent problem that occurs for the 3rd time in 2 months. Age of the HW is
about 2 months.
- Workstation suddenly very very slow at giving prompt.
- 2 first occurances of the problem: nothing was found in /var/log/messages
- At the 3rd occurence, I succeed to open /var/log/messages before rebooting the
system. One line is found:
Aug 15 21:09:12 PCLinux1 kernel: ata1: command 0x35 timeout, stat 0xd0 host_stat 0x1
Do you have more information about the error 0x35 on the ATA controller ? Is it
related to an HW problem ?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
delmott@PCLinux1:/usr/users/delmott> uname -a
Linux PCLinux1 2.4.21-40.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Feb 2 22:13:55 EST 2006 x86_64 x86_64
3 times in two months
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use the workstation normally
2. Happens suddently, that the machine is under havy load or not.
Machine becomes very slow at giving prompt. Very hard to log on, even as root.
Launching shutdown even gives "Input/Output error" message back (after 1-2 minutes)
This bug is filed against RHEL 3, which is in maintenance phase.
During the maintenance phase, only security errata and select mission
critical bug fixes will be released for enterprise products. Since
this bug does not meet that criteria, it is now being closed.
For more information of the RHEL errata support policy, please visit:
If you feel this bug is indeed mission critical, please contact your
support representative. You may be asked to provide detailed
information on how this bug is affecting you.