Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 202820
Review Request: libconfuse - A configuration file parser library
Last modified: 2014-08-12 11:55:49 EDT
Spec URL: http://wilsonet.com/packages/libconfuse/libconfuse.spec
SRPM URL: http://wilsonet.com/packages/libconfuse/libconfuse-2.5-1.src.rpm
libConfuse is a configuration file parser library, licensed
under the terms of the LGPL, and written in C. It supports
sections and (lists of) values (strings, integers, floats,
booleans or other sections), as well as some other features
(such as single/double-quoted strings, environment variable
expansion, functions and nested include statements). It
makes it very easy to add configuration file capability to
a program using a simple API.
The goal of libConfuse is not to be the configuration file
parser library with a gazillion of features. Instead, it
aims to be easy to use and quick to integrate with your code.
Note: the tarball is 'confuse', but the project pages all refer to libconfuse, and both suse and debian package this as libconfuse as well.
- there is a missing defattr line in the devel package
- the devel package should go into Development/Libraries instead of System
otherwise it looks good
Thanks for poking at it, both issues are remedied in a -2 build:
- no rpmlint output on any package
- package name OK
- spec file name OK, is in English and is legible
- package meets the Packaging Guidelines
- license OK (LGPL) and is included
- source matches upstream
- compiles and builds at least on i386 (FC4 and devel)
- BuildRequires are correct
- localized files are handled with %find_lang
- has shared lib with appropriate ldconfig calls
- does not create any directory
- no duplicates files, permissions are set properly, uses %defattr
- has %clean section
- consistent use of macros
- contains code
- no large docs, %doc is not required during runtime
- devel subpackage required and present, contains pkgconfig file
- no .la libtool archives
- not a GUI application
- it works
Thanks much, package imported and built for devel branch, FC5 branch pending.
New record for quickest review approval ? :-)
It was carefully prepared so the formal part was easy for me.
PS: you should close the bug now
(In reply to comment #5)
> New record for quickest review approval ? :-)
I was wondering that myself. :p
(In reply to comment #6)
> It was carefully prepared so the formal part was easy for me.
I do put quite a bit of effort into trying to make the reviewer's job as easy as
possible (and its a relativley simple package). :)
> PS: you should close the bug now
Not quite yet, still waiting on the FC5 branch to be created. Once that's done,
I'll close it.
Whoops, forgot to close this out...
Jon, would you mind to build this package for EPEL7? Otherwise I could try to maintain it there.
Of course. Branching and building.
Package Change Request
Package Name: libconfuse
New Branches: epel7
Git done (by process-git-requests).