+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #2036044 +++
Created attachment 1848211 [details]
invalid form validation
Description of problem:
When the user creates a Deployment with one of the Import from ... pages, she or he has the option to define a resource limit in the advanced option section.
The resource limit section allows the user to define Request and Limit CPU cycles and Request and Limit memory. The form does not allow a limit value which is smaller then the request value.
This form sometimes shows unexpected validations error if a unit is selected. It looks like that the unit is ignored when the number is changed.
See attached video.
Prerequisites (if any, like setup, operators/versions):
Steps to Reproduce
1. Switch to developer perspective
2. Add > Import from Git
3. Scroll down to Advanced options and click on Resource limits
4. Enter test data into the Resource limits forms
1. Broken case a)
1. 10 request CPU, keep millicores
2. 15 limit CPU, keep millicores
3. Switch limit to cores
4. Press Limit minus button until the value is below 10.
2. Broken case b)
1. 91 request CPU, keep millicores
2. 2 limit CPU, select cores
3. Press Limit plus button until value is 5
4. Press Resource plus button until value is 6
It shows invalid form validation errors
It should not show form validation errors in that case
Reproducibility (Always/Intermittent/Only Once):
4.9 master (19c0a653cc420c4ecee6ca44bd1126b2ee06d6ed)
--- Additional comment from dsantra on 2021-12-29 13:11:35 UTC ---
The JIRA bug was verified by Saud (https://issues.redhat.com/browse/ODC-6122)
Browser: Firefox 90
Browser: Firefox 96
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (OpenShift Container Platform 4.8.29 bug fix update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.