Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 203874
loader gets SIGSEGV while setting up wireless networking
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:41 EST
Description of problem:
During installation, 'loader' asks for the ESSID and WEP password for my
wireless network. When I give an answer, loader receives a SIGSEGV and
installation is aborted.
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Boot FC6test2 boot.iso CD.
2.Proceed through yaboot, and language selection.
3. When asked for installation method, choose HTTP.
4. When asked which network interface to configure, choose eth1 for my Airport card.
5. When asked for ESSID and WEP key, enter actual ESSID--no key is used as
network is open.
'loader' crashes, with text:
loader recieved SIGSEGV! Backtrace:
install exited abnormally ...
System then reboots.
Installer detects network, proceeds to DHCP vs. static.
- Crash occurs regardless of ESSID given.
- I also experience bug 186601, no idea if it's relevant.
- My hardware is a Mac G4/733 Quicksilver:
with Apple Airport card and 896 MB RAM.
I tried out Rawhide, and this bug does not appear in Rawhide for 24 Aug 2006.
Great, thanks for testing that out.