Description of problem:
Increasing log level to decrease log noise.
Pods maybe created and deleted before port binding
events hit the libovsdb cache causing unwanted
log noise. Its fine to discard metrics that do not hit the libovsdb
cache in an order we expect.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Spawn 4.10 cluster
2. Within the logs, you may see log messages starting with "metrics: ",
Log messages that do not add any value
Log messages hidden in normal operator and only enabled if log level increased.
Upstream PR: https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn-kubernetes/pull/2744/files
To verify this bug:
1) Spawn a cluster with ovn-kubernetes CNI plugin
2) View logs of all non-leader OVN-Kubernetes pods container 'ovnkube-master'. You should not see any logs that contain the following strings:
* "Add Logical Switch Port event expected pod with UID"
* 'Unexpected last event type'
* 'Add port binding event expected pod with UID'
* 'Cache entry expected pod with UID'
Verified this bug on 4.10.0-0.nightly-2022-01-24-020644
$ oc logs ovnkube-master-cfkzn -c ovnkube-master -n openshift-ovn-kubernetes | grep Metrics:
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.10.3 security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.