Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 204462
some selected packages are not installed if using text mode during installation
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:41 EST
Description of problem:
When installing FC5 in text mode (linux text nofb selinux=0 askmethod) anaconda
(I think) fails to include all selected packages when chosing custom package
layout and selecting the packages manually.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. boot your PC from the FC5 installation DVD or the FC5 boot cdrom;
2. get through all installation steps until you get to the "Package selection" step
3. uncheck everything and choose "Customize software selection", select some
packages like joe (text editor), mc, lynx and install it.
Some of the packages will be not installed. It seems like it doesn't use a
default layout or something, but just fails installing some of the packages I
select (some of them even don't have other dependencies!!).
All the packages I've selected should be there, along with their dependencies if
1. I didn't check to see if this is fixed in FC6t2.
2. I installed two system using a boot cdrom and the distro on an internal FTP
site, but if I remember well this happened when i used the DVD image as well
(just that at that time I though I made a mistake during the installation
process and I installed manually the packages I ned).
3. I attached an archive with some snapshoot images I took during the
installation process (ignore the "FC4" thing in the window title, it's just a
name for the vmware guest system).
Created attachment 135117 [details]
snapshoots during installation
This has been fixed for FC6