Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 204476
Should we show the 'Manage' button on accounts with no management entitlements?
Last modified: 2007-10-23 22:46:45 EDT
Description of problem:
If a customer has no management entitlements, we should either not show the
'Manage' and 'Clear' buttons on top right of their accounts when logged in, or
not that they have no management entitlements, so that when they click the
button they are given a nice page saying what it does and what they need to
purchase to use it, rather than the current, rather ugly, permission denied page.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
RHN Hosted 4.1
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to webQA as rhnuser that does not have any management entitlements (nor
2. Click on 'Manage' button
You do not have the appropriate permission set to access the requested page. You
may have reached this error page in one of several ways:
1. You are using Konqueror 3.0, which does not handle form variables properly
in all cases. Continuing to use Konqueror 3.0 will have unexpected results. If
you are using Konqueror 3.0, please use another browser.
2. Your login session has expired. For security reasons, Red Hat Network
terminates your login session after 15 minutes of inactivity. To sign in again,
3. You've found an error in our site. Please help us by filling out this form
with details of how you received this message.
4. Your browser does not have cookies enabled. The Red Hat Network requires
cookies in order to function; if you have disabled them, please re-enable them
to use the site.
5. You've done something naughty. Stop it.
Some blurb about what it is and how they cannot use it without a management
entitlement (which they can purchase).
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 199385 ***