Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 205029
Review Request: autobuild-applet - a GNOME applet for monitoring Test-AutoBuild build status
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:42 EST
Spec URL: http://berrange.com/~dan/fedora-review/autobuild-applet/autobuild-applet.spec
SRPM URL: http://berrange.com/~dan/fedora-review/autobuild-applet/autobuild-applet-1.0.3-1.src.rpm
Description: AutoBuild Applet provides a GNOME panel applet for monitoring the status of Test-AutoBuild automated build engines via their RSS feed. It can monitor one or more build engines, and provides a small icon in the panel showing whether latest build suceeded or failed. It also provides a summary window showing fine grained per-module build status. Test-AutoBuild itself is not yet submitted to Fedora Extras, but will be in the near future. The applet itself, however, has no build or runtime dependancies on Test-AutoBuild since it interacts via the remote RSS feed. The applet is primarily Python / PyGTK, however, it has a small python C module to access libegg panel APIs.
This is my first contribution to Fedora Extras, hence I require someone to sponser this submission.
Couple of quick items:
1. Desktop file is incorrectly handled. Refer to
2. Duplicate BuildRequires: gtk2-devel (provided by libgnomeui-devel)
3. Unnecessary Requires: python, libgnome, libgnomeui. sonames from devel
packages should pull these in.
4. Missing necessary requires on GConf for schemas installation, and probably
should use the standard gconf scriptlets for FE packages. Refer to
1. Preferred buildroot.
If I get some free time this weekend I'll try to do a more formal review.
Updated SRPM at
Updated SPEC at
Addressed the issues:
1. Fixed the desktop file handling to be compliant with standards
2. Remove duplicate buildrequires
3. Removed the unnecessary requires
4. Added missing requires on gconf & missing pre/preun scripts to comply with
standards. NB, I didn't put in the 'killall -HUP gconfd-2' bit, because
according to bug 173869 this should no longer be needed
5. Fixed up BuildRoot tag.
I also added patch to deal with a gconf handling bug in upstream
autobuild-applet sources which was exposed when I tested on FC6test2.
* Source URL is canonical
* Upstream source tarball verified
* Package name conforms to the Fedora Naming Guidelines
* Group Tag is from the official list
* Buildroot has all required elements
* All paths begin with macros
* All directories are owned by this or other packages
* All necessary BuildRequires listed.
* All desired features are enabled
* Builds in mock fine
* rpmlint gives the following error:
W: autobuild-applet non-conffile-in-etc
+1 APPROVE, and I'll also be you sponsor.
Has this been built yet? If so, this bug can be closed.
There was a little delay before I got access to plague. The RPM finally got
built yesterday and should now be in rawhide