Description of problem:
When using actions plugins, table and details pages consume this actions via `LazyActionMenu` , without this component or an equivalent one a dynamic plugin can not take full advantage of the actions extension.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In a dynamic plugin, create an action extension with an action factory method for a CRD
2. In a custome list or details view of a CRD try to consume the actions link to the CRD
A component that renders the actions registered to the CRD object exit
Hi Yaacov Zamir,
May I know how did you add customization extensions in console-extensions.json? For example, may I know the JSON object you've added? That would definitely help ~
something like this?
"name": "%plugin__console-demo-plugin~Dynamic Nav 2%",
Is it possible that pointing me an example extension so that I can verify the bug? Thanks very much ~
1. Install 'OpenShift Virtualization' 4.9.3 on a 4.11 cluster
oc get csv -n openshift-cnv
NAME DISPLAY VERSION REPLACES PHASE
kubevirt-hyperconverged-operator.v4.9.3 OpenShift Virtualization 4.9.3 kubevirt-hyperconverged-operator.v4.9.2 Succeeded
2. Create OpenShift Virtualization Deployment instance 'kubevirt-hyperconverged'
oc get hyperconverged kubevirt-hyperconverged -n openshift-cnv
3. Wait unitl 'Virtualization' nav menu appears, navigate to 'VirtualMachines', create some VMs and check the Kebab actions on VM list page and Actions menus on VM detail page, all actions are working as expected
However I tried the exact same steps on a 4.10 cluster and all actions are working well too.
Is there any user visible changes I can use to verify?
I search `LazyActionMenu` in https://github.com/kubevirt-ui/kubevirt-plugin and found two entries
one is imported and used in src/views/virtualmachinesinstance/actions/VirtualMachinesInstanceActions.tsx
the other is imported and used in src/views/virtualmachines/list/components/VirtualMachineActions/VirtualMachineActions.tsx
so I tried with steps in comment 5 to verify from a user perspective, but it appears I didn't reproduce the issue on a cluster without the fix, so I maybe wrong
This bug has been verified on the payload 4.11.0-0.nightly-2022-03-20-113855 and the newest console repo
This bug is about missing API, which is needs to verify that if the LazyAction Menu component is exposed via Console plugin SDK/internal package
1. Git clone console repo to local, find ':azyActionMenu' component code
$ cd frontend/packages/console-dynamic-plugin-sdk
$ grep -rl 'LazyActionMenu' src
2. Check if the component code of 'LazyActionMenu' is in ininternal-api.ts
3. yarn install in frontend
$ cd ./frontend
$ yarn install
4. Verify if the LazyActionMenu is being exported on file of internal-api.js
$ vi frontend/packages/console-dynamic-plugin-sdk/dist/internal/lib/api/internal-api.js
1. Below list information can be found in internal-api.js file which verifies the LazyActionMenu component is indeed exposed via the internal SDK package
export const LazyActionMenu = require('@console/shared/src/components/actions/LazyActionMenu').default;
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Important: OpenShift Container Platform 4.11.0 bug fix and security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.