Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 205884
Review Request: perl-Email-Valid - Check validity of internet email address
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:42 EST
Spec URL: http://www.auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/perl-Email-Valid.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/perl-Email-Valid-0.176-1.src.rpm
This module determines whether an email address is well-formed, and optionally,
whether a mail host exists for the domain or whether the top level domain of
the email address is valid.
New requirement for perl-Maypole.
*** Bug 189184 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This fails to build in the same way that bug 189184 fails; missing build
requirements kill the test suite.
I suggest adding BR: perl(Test::Pod) and perl(Test::Pod::Coverage) to get some
additional test suite coverage, and bind-utils so that the test suite doesn't
die due to lack of nslookup. This stikk skips a bunch of tests for some reason,
but it allows the package to build.
Created attachment 136003 [details]
Fixed spec file
I grabbed a copy of the SRPM from:
and updated it with the above attached specfile. The result looks better.
W: perl-Email-Valid mixed-use-of-spaces-and-tabs
(no big deal; the errant tab is on the BuildRequireas: bind-utils line if you
want to remove it).
The only real issue I see is that you manually specify Requires:
perl(Mail::Address) which is duplicated by RPM's automatic dependency generation
and thus should be removed.
Some tests are skipped; running with TEST_VERBOSE=1 shows this:
ok 12 # skip your dns appears missing or failing to resolve
ok 13 # skip your dns appears missing or failing to resolve
This is due to building in mock with no DNS config.
ok 14 # skip tests require Net::Domain::TLD 1.65
ok 15 # skip tests require Net::Domain::TLD 1.65
ok 16 # skip tests require Net::Domain::TLD 1.65
Net::Domain::TLD is not in the repo so this is unavoidable at this time.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is correct.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. License text not included upstream.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* rpmlint is silent.
X final provides and requires are sane:
perl(Email::Valid) = 0.176
perl-Email-Valid = 0.176-2.fc6
* %check is present and all tests pass:
5/16 skipped: various reasons
All tests successful, 5 subtests skipped.
Files=3, Tests=18, 36 wallclock secs ( 0.18 cusr + 0.04 csys = 0.22 CPU)
* package is not relocatable.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
Built. Thanks for the review.