Bug 205913 - Add freebob driver support
Add freebob driver support
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: qjackctl (Show other bugs)
rawhide
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2006-09-10 00:00 EDT by Anthony Green
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:11 EST (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version: 0.2.20-7
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2006-12-20 19:12:41 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
Patch to add to SRPM (3.35 KB, patch)
2006-09-10 00:00 EDT, Anthony Green
no flags Details | Diff

  None (edit)
Description Anthony Green 2006-09-10 00:00:43 EDT
Description of problem:
Please apply this patch to qjackctl.  It adds freebob driver support for
firewire audio devices (tested with my presonus firebox).
I'll also be submitting libfreebob to extras now, as well as a
jack-audio-connection-kit spec file patch.   I don't think it hurts to add this
qjackctl patch in the meanwhile.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Try to select freebob driver 
2.
3.
  
Actual results:


Expected results:


Additional info:
Comment 1 Anthony Green 2006-09-10 00:00:44 EDT
Created attachment 135914 [details]
Patch to add to SRPM
Comment 2 Fernando Lopez-Lezcano 2006-09-10 18:47:57 EDT
(In reply to comment #0)
> Description of problem:
> Please apply this patch to qjackctl.  It adds freebob driver support for
> firewire audio devices (tested with my presonus firebox).
> I'll also be submitting libfreebob to extras now, as well as a
> jack-audio-connection-kit spec file patch.  

Interesting, I have already (unreleased) versions of cvs jack and libfreebob
(which needs newer versions of some libs than were available in fc5). I'll send
you what I currently have. 

> I don't think it hurts to add this
> qjackctl patch in the meanwhile.

Sure, should not be a problem. 
Wouldn't it be better to just package qjackctl cvs?
Comment 3 Anthony Green 2006-09-16 17:03:05 EDT
(In reply to comment #2)
> Interesting, I have already (unreleased) versions of cvs jack and libfreebob
> (which needs newer versions of some libs than were available in fc5). I'll send
> you what I currently have. 

Ok.

> > I don't think it hurts to add this
> > qjackctl patch in the meanwhile.
> 
> Sure, should not be a problem. 
> Wouldn't it be better to just package qjackctl cvs?

I don't know.. your call.
Comment 4 Vedran Miletić 2006-10-10 13:15:29 EDT
This bug was fixed for FC6 some time ago and should be closed. Patched qjackctl
is in FE6 for some time already. Will it be included in FC5 at some point?

BTW, version 0.2.21 with FreeBoB support is out, that would obsolete need for
patching.
Comment 5 Fernando Lopez-Lezcano 2006-10-10 13:26:29 EDT
(In reply to comment #4)
> This bug was fixed for FC6 some time ago and should be closed. Patched qjackctl
> is in FE6 for some time already. Will it be included in FC5 at some point?
> 
> BTW, version 0.2.21 with FreeBoB support is out, that would obsolete need for
> patching.

Yes, I noticed the new version, regretfully I'm away on vacation so this will
have to wait till I come back...
Comment 6 Anthony Green 2006-10-10 13:32:52 EDT
(In reply to comment #5)
> Yes, I noticed the new version, regretfully I'm away on vacation so this will
> have to wait till I come back...

No problem.  I'm still waiting for somebody to review libfreebob.

AG
Comment 7 Anthony Green 2006-11-09 20:29:36 EST
This was fixed some time ago. I'm going to close it.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.