Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 206112
scim-chewing: Esc key to clean all buffer couldn't be disabled
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:42 EST
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.activate scim-chewing, ctrl-SPACE
2.right-click on the SCIM icon, on the prompted window, click SCIM Setup
3.click Chewing in the left pane
4.in the Options tabbed section, uncheck "Esc key to clean all buffer"
5.click OK and enter ji3 in gedit
6.press Esc key
buffer is cleaned
Since "Esc key to clean all buffer" is unchecked, press Esc key shouldn't clear
Please confirm if the setting of "Esc Key to clean all buffer" was updated after
user has pressed OK key?
On my test machine, the checkbox of "Esc key to clean all buffer" is always
reverted to unchecked after pressing OK key.
After observation, setting of "Esc key to clean all buffer" which is reflected
by key "/IMEngine/Chewing/EscCleanAllBuffer" has not been updated.
After OK key has been clicked with checkbox of such setting is ticked, that
setting has not been saved to ~/.scim/config.
Comparing to settings on same tab: "Add Phrase forward" and "SpaceKey as
selection key", they are perfectly be saved but "Esc key to clean all buffer" isn't.
Created attachment 136593 [details]
Please make sure patchee is version 0.3.1-5.
Package is being rebuilt and being tested by QA.
Package version Number ::
Steps to reproduce::
1. Activate scim [short keys :: Ctrl + Space ]
2. scim -> chinese (Traditional) -> chewing
3. Right click on the scim widget below
4. SCIM Setup
5. choose Chewing
6. In Option check/select the field "Esc key to clean all buffer"
7. Apply -> Ok
8. gedit -> type the following key sequence ji3 (我）
9. "Esc" :: ( should clear the buffer text)
10. scim -> chinese (Traditional) -> chewing
11. Right click on the scim widget below
12. SCIM Setup
13. choose Chewing
14. In Option uncheck/deselect the field "Esc key to clean all buffer
15. Apply -> Ok
16. gedit -> type the following key sequence ji3 (我）
17. "Esc" :: ( should not clear the buffer text, since its disabled)
Both the "Esc" functions of enableing and disabling key to clean all buffer for
this release, hence resolving bug for this version.