Description of problem:
Installed the client version of RHEL 5/B1/x86-64. When it's complete, the
environment does not contain everything required to use gcc. /usr/bin/gcc does
not exist while /usr/bin/gcc34 does.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: 100% with x86-64 client DVD. I also tried installing the
Workstation version with the same result
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install with the client DVD for x86-64
2. Select all categories of software for installation(office&prod./sw devel/web
3. Select "customize now" option
4. For each available subcategory, select all software components
5) continue software installation setup to completion and execute
6. After reboot, attempt to use 'gcc'
Actual results: incomplete gcc installation
Expected results: After selecting all available software development options,
gcc should be installed and function properly
Additional info: Don't know if it's relevent but 'rpmbuild' was also not
installed as I discovered when I attempted to use it to build the available
kernel source package.
I am also having the same problem on the x86 version.