Created attachment 1866206 [details]
YAML for the pod
Description of problem:
When I force a pod log error, and try to use the Debug Container feature, I get an error.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
This is always reproducible on Dev Sandbox which is currently running 4.10
Steps to Reproduce:
1.go to Dev perspective
2.click on Import from Git on Add page
3.Enter https://github.com/sclorg/nodejs-ex.git as the git repo && change the RUN COMMAND to "star a wktw" in the form (yes, incorrect syntax to try and get an pod with error status ) && click CREATE
4. Click on the new workload in Topology and in the details panel. Once the build is complete,you should see the pod come up with a status of Crash Loop status. Click on the View logs link in that panel which brings you to the Pod Logs page & click on the Debug container link & you get an error:
pods "nodejs-ex-git222-68784ddf65-wm97s-debug-5gb5d" is forbidden: cannot set blockOwnerDeletion if an ownerReference refers to a resource you can't set finalizers on: , <nil>
Customer issue for this has occurred in bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2068047. I will leave these both open for now.
*** Bug 2068047 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This bug has been verified on payload 4.11.0-0.nightly-2022-03-29-152521
1. Follow the 'Steps to Reproduce' on Description of the Bug
2. Verify if the debug container terminal could be loaded successfully without any error on Topology -> Deployment page -> Pods -> view logs page
3. Verify if the debug container terminal for upon created resource can be loaded successfully on Administrator prespective
4. Navigate(Go back) to the Pod details page, remove the lable of 'app=nodejs-ex-git', or update the label to 'app=test'
5. Go to the Pods list page, navigate to the new create Pod page (Status is still CreashLoopBackOff), check if the label is changes, click on 'Debug container' on the Pod details -> Logs tab
6. Verify if the debug container terminal is loaded normaly
2,3,6. The reported issue is gone, now the debug container terminal loaded without error on developer prespective on Topology -> Deployment page -> Pods -> view logs page
And the changes is not impact the debug container loaded on Administrator prespective
The deubg container terminal is loaded without any error for the resource with/without app label
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Important: OpenShift Container Platform 4.11.0 bug fix and security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.