+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #2066337 +++
Description of problem:
The microsoft.sql.server roles must support HA clustering with primary, synchronous, and witness replicas.
The following functionality must be added to the role:
* Distribute Microsoft cluster crypto keys for SQL Server cluster nodes using T-SQL commands and copying (per Amy Farley)
* Add support to ha_cluster and SQL server roles to support SQL Server Enterprise * Edition and Standard Edition clustering utilizing pacemaker, with 1 primary and up to 2 synchronous (or 1 replica and 1 witness) replicas.
* On SQL Server Enterprise Edition, support for adding/removing nodes utilizing ha_cluster and SQL server System Roles
* On SQL Server Enterprise Edition, the ability to start and stop the cluster by utilizing the System Roles
* Delivery as part of RHEL RPM's as well as Automation Hub
* Example playbooks provided in role README files for common SQL Server clustering use cases
* System Roles functionality is idempotent
* System Roles should support all versions of RHEL where SQL Server on RHEL is supported
* On RHEL 8.3 or later, automatically use on_fail="demote" with pcs setup and set WRITE_LEASE_VALIDITY=20 in CREATE_AVAILABILITY_GROUP
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (ansible-collection-microsoft-sql bug fix and enhancement update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.