Description of problem:
- Importing a pulp content archive on Satellite 6.10.3 fails with the following error if the pulpcore and pulp_rpm plugin version mismatches on the connected Satellite and disconnected Satellite. This is mostly an issue where the connected satellite has a different z-stream installed i.e. 6.10.2 and the disconnected satellite has 6.10.3 or vice-versa
[ErrorDetail(string='Export version 3.14.9 of pulpcore does not match installed version 3.14.12.', code='invalid')] (Katello::Errors::Pulp3Error)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- Satellite 6.10
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Export a pulp content archive on the connected Satellite 6.10.2 which has an older version of pulpcore than the importing Satellite.
2. Copy the archive to the importing Satellite which is of 6.10.3 .
3. Initiate an import.
- Import would fail with the following error.
Export version 3.14.9 of pulpcore does not match installed version 3.14.12.
- Import should consider older versions of export.
CC'ing Partha as he had highlighted the upstream issue https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/2269
*** Bug 2064945 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Steps to retest:
1. Spin up a satellite to export that has pulp version less than python-pulpcore-3.16.7-1 (mine was python-pulpcore-3.16.6-1)
2. Import a manifest
3. Set download policy to "immediate"
4. Sync a rhel repo
5. Create a cv, add repo from step 4, and publish cv
6. Run export
7. Spin up a satellite for disconnected mode that has python-pulpcore-3.16.7-1 or greater
8. Import manifest
9. Update cdn to use air-gapped
10. Set download policy to "Immediate"
11. scp export to disconnected satellite
12. run import on disconnected satellite
Import should run successfully
Import is successful
I checked the cv on the disconnected and it's able to import the cv successfully
Verified on 6.11 snap 18 with python-pulpcore-3.16.7-1 and tested on both rhel7 and rhel8
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: Satellite 6.11 Release), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.