Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 206760
If "safely remove" selected on one disk then not available for the other
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:43 EST
Description of problem:
If two usb disks are mounted in the KDE desktop, then if one is umounted by
selecting the "safely remove" option after right clicking its icon, then the
second disk icon no longer gives the same option when right clicked.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Plug in two usb disks one after the other
2. Allow the system to mount both disks
3. Right click on the desktop icon for one disk
4) The disk correctly umounts and the icon remains on the desktop.
5) Now right click the other disk icon
6) the option of safely remove is not presented for this second disk
Second usb disk cannot be umounted using right click on the desktop, although it
can be umounted from a root konsole.
Second usb disk should also have the option to safely remove by right clicking
the desktop icon
I am now running F7 and this bug no longer occurs. Therefore I am closing this
bug as fixed in the latest system.