Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 206985
Review Request: perl-Device-SerialPort
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:43 EST
Spec Name or Url: http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/fedora/perl-Device-SerialPort.spec
SRPM Name or Url:
This module provides an object-based user interface essentially identical
to the one provided by the Win32::SerialPort module.
The build fails in mock due to failing tests:
+ /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor 'OPTIMIZE=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
Could not find a serial port to use for testing.
Please specify one on the 'perl Makefile.PL' command line, like so:
perl Makefile.PL /dev/ttyS0
Trying to find a serial port for testing...
(use 'perl Makefile.PL TESTPORT=<DEVICE>' to override this search)
checking '/dev/ttyS1' ... nope
checking '/dev/cua01' ... nope
checking '/dev/cua/b' ... nope
checking '/dev/tty1' ... nope
checking '/dev/tty.modem' ... nope
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.71516 (%build)
RPM build errors:
Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.71516 (%build)
Error building package from perl-Device-SerialPort-1.002-1.fc6.src.rpm, See
Now, it's obvious that you've disabled the %check section but it seems that
Makefile.PL insists on trying to figure out which serial port should be tested
just in case 'make test' is run later. Dumb. Tacking "TESTPORT=/dev/null" onto
the Makefile.PL line gets things building.
After the above fix, everything builds fine. rpmlint says:
W: perl-Device-SerialPort make-check-outside-check-section #make test
This is bogus, but if you remove the commenting from the %check line it goes
away. Fix it if you like.
The license should be "GPL or Artistic"; that's the usual way to indicate the
oft-seen "same as perl" terms.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is correct.
X license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. License text not included upstream.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper (none)
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint has only bogus complaints
* final provides and requires are sane:
perl(Device::SerialPort) = 1.002
perl-Device-SerialPort = 1.002-1.fc6
perl >= 0:5.006
* %check is necessarily disabled.
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* package is not relocatable.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no libtool .la droppings.
Updated spec (and srpm):
* Wed Sep 20 2006 Orion Poplawski 1.002-2
- Add TESTPORT=/dev/null for mock builds
- License back to GPL or Artistic
Hmm, that didn't seem to work. Ah, the URL immediately above is wrong;
s/1.002-1/1.002-2/ and it's OK.
Everything looks good now.
Checked in and built and added to owners.list.
Thanks for the review!