Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 208453
Review Request: php-pear-Console-Getargs - Command-line arguments and parameters parser
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:44 EST
Spec URL: http://remi.collet.free.fr/rpms/extras/php-pear-Console-Getargs.spec
SRPM URL: http://remi.collet.free.fr/rpms/extras/php-pear-Console-Getargs-1.3.1-1.fc5.src.rpm
The Console_Getargs package implements a Command Line arguments and
parameters parser for your CLI applications. It performs some basic
arguments validation and automatically creates a formatted help text,
based on the given configuration.
This is a new Requires for php-pear-PHP-CompatInfo (version 1.4.0) now used instead of Console_Getopt.
Build in mock : http://remi.collet.free.fr/rpms/extras/php-pear-Console-Getargs-build.log
rpmlint not complains.
I wonder if "pear run-tests -p Console_Getargs" is supposed to do anything. I
can't actually get it to do anything for any installed PEAR module (other than
"Running 0 tests").
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is correct.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. License text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
php-pear(Console_Getargs) = 1.3.1
php-pear-Console-Getargs = 1.3.1-1.fc6
php >= 4.1.0
* %check is not present; not possible to run the tests within rpm.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* scriptlets are OK (pear install)
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
> I wonder if "pear run-tests -p Console_Getargs" is supposed to do anything.
> I can't actually get it to do anything for any installed PEAR module
> (other than "Running 0 tests").
pear run-tests only work when test suite is provided upstream as .phpt files.
For example "pear run-tests -p Log". Must be run by root :(
Some packages (like this one) use PHPUnit, others use PHPUnit2 as a test suite.
I've worked a little on including test in %check without success.
I'll propose PHPUnit for review (even if PHPUnit2 already in Extras).
Package Change Request
Package Name: php-pear-Console-Getargs
New Branches: EL-5