Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 208506
exo dependencies issues
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:44 EST
Description of problem:
Here are some remarks about the exo package
* libxfcegui4-devel and libxfcegui are Requires and BR,
although nothing links against that lib.
* exo has a dependency on perl, because of exo-compose-mail-0.3.
I think it is unfortunate. I don't know how to avoid that
simply. Indeed it is used for almost all of the mail helpers
which are in turn needed by exo-helper, and I guess exo-helper
is used by other apps.
* exo-devel includes a python module. It should certainly be
much better in a python-exo subpackage. And the .a and .la
should be removed from the python directory.
* the mcs plugin isn't shipped. Is it intentional? To build it
a BR xfce-mcs-manager-devel is required.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Thanks for the remarks.
- Removed libxfcegui4-devel and libxfcegui Requires and BR
- I don't know of any way to avoid perl. I fear it's just going to have to be
in there. ;(
- I have split out a python-exo package. In the older exo the python bindings
were not very usefull, but I think they have gotten some improvements lately.
- Added BR xfce-mcs-manager-devel to ship the mcs plugin.
Should be in the next exo release for my beta repo. If that looks good after a
bit, I will push it out to devel.
This should be pushed out to devel now, and should be available after the next
push of packages.
I had to also add libxfce4util-devel to requires on the devel package, because
the exo pc file requires it.
I am going to close this bug now, but if you spot anything with the updated
package feel free to file a new bug or reopen this one.