Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 209174
Issues with Activation Keys and Kickstarts
Last modified: 2007-04-18 13:50:26 EDT
Description of problem: If you kickstart a machine with a kickstart profile that
has an activation key associated with it, the config files associated with the
key do not get deployed and the child channel set up in the key do not get
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): RHN 500 beta
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. If necessary, create a configuration channel.
2. Create a file in the configuration.
3. Have the file get deployed upon registration
4. Create an activation key.
5. Have the activation key subscribe the client using it to multiple channels.
6. Associate the configuration channel with the activation key.
7. Associate the activation key with a kickstart profile.
8. Kickstart a machine with the kickstart profile. The packages will get
installed, but the config file doesn't get deployed and the channels set up in
the activation key aren't subscribed to.
This seems to affect guests only.
Can't repro this bug until 210004 is fixed.