Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 209262
Review Request: beryl-plugins - Beryl OpenGL window and compositing manager plug-ins
Last modified: 2008-07-13 01:35:47 EDT
Spec URL: http://wilsonet.com/packages/beryl/beryl-plugins.spec
SRPM URL: http://wilsonet.com/packages/beryl/beryl-plugins-0.1.0-1.fc6.src.rpm
Beryl is a combined window manager and compositing
manager that runs on top of Xgl or AIGLX using OpenGL
to provide effects accelerated by a 3D graphics card
on the desktop. Beryl is a community-driven fork of
Beryl has a flexible plug-in system, which the
contents of this package take advantage of.
NOTE: This package depends on beryl-core, under review here: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=209259.
Oops, this is beryl-plugins, not beryl-settings, fixing Summary...
Just pushed out a 0.1.1-1 build.
This is a RFE:
chitlesh(~)$rpm -qf /usr/share/beryl/cubecaps.png
from your repo.
could you remplace that file with /usr/share/rhgb/main-logo.png ?
It's more fedora this way :)
Rather than replace that file, I've added a Source1 of fedora-cubecaps.png,
which is a copy of rhgb main-logo.png, and edited the default cubecaps setting
to point to the fedora-cubecaps.png. There's a -3 spec and srpm out there now.
By replacing I mean, asking beryl to pickup /usr/share/rhgb/main-logo.png.
A better solution might be:
Add fedora-logos-6.0.6-1.fc6 as requires and patch/sed appropriately :)
rpm -qf /usr/share/rhgb/main-logo.png
Good idea, I'll go that route instead.
Latest build, using new upstream tarballs:
* rpmlint is quiet
* package is named well
* spec file name is good
* package meets Packaging Guidelines
* package is licensed with a GPL open-source compatible license
* License field in spec file matches actual license
* license file is included in %doc
* md5sums are matching (6721bf8bd5fcbe0cabb0a67caa920fcb)
* package successfully compiles on x86_64
* BuildRequires listed well (mock builds successfully)
* no locales
* no need to %post and %postun sections
* not relocatable
* package owns directories well
* no duplicates in %files
* every %files section includes %defattr
* proper %clean section
* macros used well
Looks pretty good for me :)