Description of problem:
When trying to bulk sync on-demand content, the database connection remains open and causes a "500, message='Internal Server Error". You can look at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2062526 for more info on the diagnostic of the issue.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
6.11 snap 22
Steps to Reproduce:
Note: Ensure Capsule is setup to have 8 pulpcore workers
1) Enable and sync a large Red Hat repository. I use "Red Hat Software Collections RPMs for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server x86_64 7Server" in my reproducer and that it's "on demand"
2) Set the Capsule download policy to "immediate".
3) Create a new lifecycle environment named 'devel'. Add only it to the Capsule. Remove all other lifecycle environments from the Capsule.
4) In Settings page, Content tab, set "Sync Capsules after Content View promotion" to "No"
5) Create 1 content view and attach repo in step (1) to it.
6) Make 7 copies of the content view.
7) Publish and promote all 8 content views to 'devel' environment.
8) Trigger a complete capsule sync.
500, message='Internal Server Error', url=URL('https:<sat-url>/pulp/content/Default_Organization/devel/cv/content/dist/rhel/server/7/7Server/x86_64/rhscl/1/os/Packages/d/devtoolset-7-libstdc%2B%2B-docs-7.3.1-5.15.el7.x86_64.rpm')
sync should be successful
Thanks for the help on this one! Just to be sure (since that repo was still on-demand but involved in previous syncs that would pull all content), I added a new on-demand RH repo to the content view/environment that the capsule is aligned to and performed another complete sync.
That sync also completed successfully! c9bda319-1312-4c74-8183-949da8fe6e43
With that in mind
Verified in Satellite 6.11 Snap 26
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: Satellite 6.11 Release), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.