When rdist v6.1.0 can't read a local subdirectory due to an
I/O error, it emits a LOCAL ERROR message about the I/O
error, but then proceeds to delete the subdirectory and its
contents from the remote! Sort of defeats the purpose of
using rdist to keep duplicates somewhere in case of a disk
It should leave the remote subdirectory alone if it can't
read the local.
I have a log that I can provide if you need the 'proof', but
I didn't think it would paste well into this form. :)
I checked the errata pages for RedHat 4.2-5.2 and didn't see
anything for rdist, so I assume this will apply to all
John Van Essen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have not a prayer of reproducing this problem. Please reopen with an explicit
case if you wish me to fix.