Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 210151
Totem-mozilla plugin crashes firefox
Last modified: 2013-07-31 19:10:03 EDT
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
0. i have firefox set up so that it opens everything in a new tab instead of a
1. open firefox. go to a page with mpg videos (i used
2. open a web-page link from that page in a new tab (i opened one of those on
the right side)
3. wait until it loads, close the new tab.
4. now click on one of video-files link. a new tab appears, with a blank
black-coloured page and an error message from totem that it cannot play the file
(probably no codec installed)
5. close the tab with video.
6. click right button on the same video-file link, select Save As.
7. firefox receives SIGSEGV
gdb backtrace in attachment.
Created attachment 138137 [details]
GDB backtrace of the crash
Created attachment 138151 [details]
Frysk output with every thread's bt on crash
Hmm, also present in Mayhem (though i tested it without fluendo codecs
installed) tree 20061024.0
Created attachment 139343 [details]
GDB backtrace in Mayhem 20061024.0
There's not one bit of Totem related sources in the backtrace, and it looks like
the browser is trying to show you a file chooser:
#18 0x0030cfb8 in nsFilePicker::Show (this=0xa7dcea8, aReturn=0xbfae1330)
Not a Totem bug.
This has turned up elsewhere too. See
This problem was eventually worked around by changing the totem plugin:
If that's the same bug, then it should be fixed in Totem 2.18.0 (2.18.1 is the
current rawhide build).