Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 210186
qdisk man page updates
Last modified: 2009-04-16 16:21:11 EDT
Answers to frequently asked questions about qdisk need to be included in the
qdisk(5) man page.
* Include minimum qdisk size in documentation.
* Talk about the cman deadnode_timeout and the qdisk timeout and how they
interrelate, and how to extend the openais timeout on RHEL5 / FC6 / etc.
* Include some real-world examples with failure cases, recovery, expected
* Indicate that post_join_delay should be 2x the tko time for qdisk
* For two node clusters, cman still has to have the two_node="1" and
expected_votes="1" options set.
I think thats it for now.
* Documentation concerning cman<-->qdisk interaction is weak (or really,
* I don't think two_node is needed for 2-node clusters, which would obviate
post_join_delay. However, I should note that it may be desirable to decrease
the CMAN join timeout in /etc/init.d/cman
devel NAK for 4.5 - removing from 4.5 list. Any updates to the man pages would
be dependent on the current cman/qdisk relationship discussion that is ongoing
and would be made as part of that effort. Lon, can we just close this one?
Development Management has reviewed and declined this request. You may appeal
this decision by reopening this request.