Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 210783
Review Request: php-pear-DB-QueryTool - An OO-interface for easily retrieving and modifying data in a DB
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:45 EST
Spec URL: http://tkmame.retrogames.com/fedora-extras/php-pear-DB-QueryTool.spec
SRPM URL: http://tkmame.retrogames.com/fedora-extras/php-pear-DB-QueryTool-1.0.3-1.src.rpm
This package is an OO-abstraction to the SQL-Query language, it provides
methods such as setWhere, setOrder, setGroup, setJoin, etc. to easily
Would you happen to have any idea why the pear registration bit tries to do
network access? It makes things terribly slow to install in a mock chroot
(where name resolution doesn't really work). Since this package has three
runtime dependencies, it takes about five or so minutes to install them all.
Everything looks fine; the only question I have is why the documentation is down
in a couple of subdirectories:
Perhaps the "docs" subdirectory could be eliminated. In any case, I don't think
it's a blocker; it just looks a bit odd.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is correct.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. License text not separately included
upstream (although it is in the source files).
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
php-pear(DB_QueryTool) = 1.0.3
php-pear-DB-QueryTool = 1.0.3-1.fc6
* %check is not present; there is some form of test suite, but it is not
possible to run it at build time.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* scriptlets are OK (pear module installation)
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
I've update the spec to not include the extra doc/ dir. Thanks for the review.
Package Change Request
Package Name: php-pear-DB-QueryTool
New Branches: EL-5