Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 212070
Date time units not consistent
Last modified: 2011-01-05 17:50:22 EST
Description of problem:
Date time units are not consistent in various UI pages (such as view modify
There seems to be a standard/consistent way to categorizeTime in the following
1) No more than 2 Consecutive Units shown
2) No 0 units are shown.
So valid values will be
"18 hrs 25 min"
"1 day 15 mins"
"6 months 2 weeks"
"1 year 3 months"
invalid values wiil be
"20 hrs 0 min"
"21 hrs 2 min 35 secs"
So a sample algorithm might be
Given a time in millis and min unit
Find the "largest non-zero and next-largest" - could be month/day, or day/hour.
Or, since it should have a min-unit available, it should probably never go
below "minute", so might devolve to just one unit. Cases like 0 hrs & 20 min
will be covered by "decrementing to first non-zero unit"
so we first spec'ed out a 'human-friendly time display' in proposed SDC changes
Here's the copy/paste from there:
- "Human-readable" time stamps
- The more recent an event occurred, the more details necessary
- if checkin within current date; print Today; print time
- if checkin current date -1; print Yesterday; print time
- if checkin within 7 days; print x days; print date (localized d-m
format ie '2/27')
- if checkin within 3 months; print x weeks + mod (x weeks * 7 - x
days); print date (localized d-m format)
- if checkin within 6 months; print x weeks; print date
- if checkin within 12 months; print x months; print date
- if checkin > 12 months old, print x years + mod(x years * 12/ x
months); print date
only release blockers at this point. moving off of 500.
User email@example.com's account has been closed
The RHN Satellite 4.x and RHN Proxy 4.x products have reached their end of
life. Please see:
Satellite 4 EOL Errata
RHN Proxy 4 EOL Errata
This bugzilla was reported for an unspecified version of the product, but was created prior to the release of 5.x - as such we assume this bug was reported for the 4.x version of the product - which is no longer supported.
RHN Satellite and Proxy Server 5
General availability: June 26, 2007
We are closing this bugzilla out. If you feel this bug report should be
reviewed again since it is valid for a currently supported product version,
then please feel free to re-open this bug report.