Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 212102
linux-iscsi ISCSI_MAX_CMDS_PER_LUN should be larger to allow for perf tuning
Last modified: 2009-11-10 13:34:34 EST
Might be too late for RHEL5 but perhaps changing the max #define isn't out of
the question. (Sanjay Gulabani at netapp asked for this -
Here's the thread earlier this year with a patch that never got in upstream:
Maybe we can resurrect something like that for upstream and long-term.
Ok I looked at the code in more detail and remember that it's probably not so
easy to change the #define because of the structures we allocate based on these
I was going to reassign this to myself but it doesn't look like I can change the
Reassigning to DaveW based on comment #2.
Please fix the bug summary to contain something that can be found in
the RHEL5 kernel source tree. ISCSI_MAX_CMDS_PER_LUN does not exist,
and the place in RHEL4 where its use was converted to iscsi_cmds_per_lun,
which was in the function iscsi_slave_configure(), doesn't exist in RHEL5.
Dave I can take this one if you want. It is all upstream in the open-iscsi git
tree so it just requires a backport. I did not port this part in my 5.1 update
because I did not have time to test the KABI and ABI workarounds that are needed
to port upstream to RHEL.
Ok thanks - I am sure it would take me much longer to get it right.
This was fixed in RHEL 5.2 or RHEL 5.3. Closing bug.