Created attachment 1912338 [details]
1. Please describe the problem:
The dedicated sound card, in my case a Creative Labs SB1570 SB Audigy Fx (https://en.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-audigy-fx), is not working on kernel 5.19.8. While the card is still listed with "lspci" including the kernel driver being used, it does not show up in "aplay -l" nor is it a valid option inside the GUI (Cinnamon Desktop: System Settings » Sound » Output).
2. What is the Version-Release number of the kernel:
3. Did it work previously in Fedora? If so, what kernel version did the issue
*first* appear? Old kernels are available for download at
Yes, the sound card (still) works with Fedora 36 on kernel 5.19.6 and before.
4. Can you reproduce this issue? If so, please provide the steps to reproduce
the issue below:
Update the system to kernel 5.19.8 (latest release as of this writing), then reboot the system.
5. Does this problem occur with the latest Rawhide kernel? To install the
Rawhide kernel, run ``sudo dnf install fedora-repos-rawhide`` followed by
``sudo dnf update --enablerepo=rawhide kernel``:
No. After installing "6.0.0-0.rc5.20220914git3245cb65fd91.39.fc38", the issue is gone.
6. Are you running any modules that not shipped with directly Fedora's kernel?:
No. I tend not to tinker with the kernel unless I have to and only use the standard repos.
7. Please attach the kernel logs. You can get the complete kernel log
for a boot with ``journalctl --no-hostname -k > dmesg.txt``. If the
issue occurred on a previous boot, use the journalctl ``-b`` flag.
--> see attachment
It appears that kernel 5.19.9-200.fc36 fixed the issue.