Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 215292
Review Request: cups-pdf - Extension for creating pdf-Files with CUPS
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:48 EST
Spec URL: http://remi.collet.free.fr/rpms/extras/cups-pdf.spec
SRPM URL: http://remi.collet.free.fr/rpms/extras/cups-pdf-2.4.2-1.fc7.src.rpm
Lock Log: http://remi.collet.free.fr/rpms/extras/cups-pdf-build.log
"cups-pdf" is a backend script for use with CUPS - the "Common UNIX Printing System"
(see more for CUPS under http://www.cups.org/). "cups-pdf" uses the ghostscript pdfwrite
device to produce PDF Files.
This version has been modified to store the PDF files on the Desktop of the user.
This behavior can be changed by editing the configuration file.
! Source url is invalid, should be:
* source files match upstream
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is correct.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. License text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (fc6 i386).
* package installs properly. Print queue gets created and works as advertised.
* rpmlint says:
E: cups-pdf description-line-too-long "cups-pdf" is a backend script for use
with CUPS - the "Common UNIX Printing System"
E: cups-pdf description-line-too-long (see more for CUPS under
http://www.cups.org/). "cups-pdf" uses the ghostscript pdfwrite
E: cups-pdf description-line-too-long This version has been modified to store
the PDF files on the Desktop of the user.
I won't block the review because of these, but if you could re-wrap
the description text before building the packages that'd be great.
E: cups-pdf non-readable /usr/lib/cups/backend/cups-pdf 0700
E: cups-pdf non-standard-executable-perm /usr/lib/cups/backend/cups-pdf 0700
I think that these can be ignored.
* %check is not present; There is no test code in the districution.
* no shared libraries are present
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* scriptlets are OK
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers
* no unversioned .so file
* no pkconfig file
* no libtool .la droppings.
Some minor points:
1) It looks like the PPD file could be gzipped, but since it's only
21K to start with it's not a big deal.
2) Instead of creating the INSTALL.fedora with during %prep I'd
include it as a separate source file.
So the blocker is the source URL? (Just to clarify)
(In reply to comment #2)
> So the blocker is the source URL? (Just to clarify)
Tanks for the review.
Description : I must apologize, I've run rpmlint, but i forget to run it with
"LANG=C" so check only apply to French...
About permission on cups-pdf, this is explained in the "man backend" (section
permissions). Running as root is needed to allow cups-pdf to give (chown) the
pdf to the job owner.
Package Change Request
Package Name: cups-pdf
New Branches: EL-4 EL-5