Description of problem:
I don't have a reproducer for this, and I don't have access to the machine I hit
it on. The problem manifested itself as a python backtrace in the code handling
obsoletes dependency resolution. I hit updating both seamonkey and wireshark
from RHEL4 U2 (ish) to RHEL4 U4 + updates. I don't have the original backtrace
either, but I did get the customer to mail the patch to me. I have done similar
updates before without hitting this problem, so there's probably something
unusual about this particular setup. I couldn't tell you what it is, though.
The code in question is very obviously bogus as it references a variable which
isn't in scope. Note that very similar code is also obviously broken at other
points in depSolver.py, but I didn't hit that and didn't fix it.
I've put severity to high because it's a total show stopper when you hit it.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Created attachment 141126 [details]
Patch fixing invalid variable reference in depSolver.py
User firstname.lastname@example.org's account has been closed