Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 215563
Review Request: aquamarine - Themeable window decorator and compositing manager for Beryl
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:48 EST
Spec URL: http://wilsonet.com/packages/beryl/aquamarine.spec
SRPM URL: http://wilsonet.com/packages/beryl/aquamarine-0.1.2-1.fc6.src.rpm
Aquamarine is themeable window decorator and compositing
manager for Beryl. Launch Theme Manager from
beryl-manager to change themes. Aquamarine is intended
for use with KDE.
Depends on beryl-core, submitted for FE-review under bug 209259.
I think this package may be approved, the only problem is a lack of license file
so I'm not able to check if aquamarine is really GPL ;)
I'll do a full review later.
* rpmlint output:
W: aquamarine no-documentation
(no documentation provided by upstream)
* package is named well
* spec file name is good
* package meets Packaging Guidelines
?* package is licensed with an GPL open-source compatible license
?* License field in spec file matches actual license
* license file isn't included in %doc
* no upstream release, unable to check md5
* package successfully compiles on x86_64
* BuildRequires listed well (mock builds successfully)
* no locales
* no need to %post and %postun sections
* not relocatable
* no duplicates in %files
* every %files section includes %defattr
* proper %clean section
* macros used well
License is not included in a package, I couldn't find any reliable site
to check its license. Thus, if you show me a place where the license's written,
I'll be happy to approve this package :)
Only place I'm seeing anything about the license is currently in the source code
* Aquamarine the KDE window decorator
* Copyright (c) 2006 Dennis Kasprzyk <email@example.com>
* Copyright (c) 2006 Volker Krause <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Uses code of:
* Emerald window decorator (www.beryl-project.org)
* KWin window manager (www.kde.org)
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
* (at your option) any later version.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
* along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
* Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
So it *is* GPL, they just haven't got around to putting evidence of that
somewhere sensible yet. :)
Also, there's a new build that has trimmed down BR (needs beryl-core-devel >=
mock build suceeds on FC-devel i386.
* BuildRequires: qt, kdelibs
This is not needed to be written as libraries' dependency
on this package automatically requires them (libqt-mt.so.3 and
New build, removes Requires: on qt and kdelibs, relies on auto-gen'd lib deps.