Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 216320
Gateway required for NFS installation but value given not checked
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:37 EST
Description of problem:
RHEL 5 Client Beta on x86_64
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download Beta2 for RHEL 5
2. Burn boot.iso on CD. Boot from CD.
3. Deselect DHCP and IPv6
4. In textual network screen you're informed you have to specify a valid gateway.
5. Not useful for me, since the machines don't have a gateway and will never
have (common case for many servers and also all client machines do have to use
6. Don't fill in gateway information (i.e. leave blank).
7. Continue to next screen enter NFS install information.
8. Click next.
Error message showing up, indicating the NFS volumne cannot be mounted. No
access is being made to the NFS server. Machine on which RHEL 5 Beta 2 is being
installed is not "ping"-able.
Preferred would be to be able to install RHEL 5 Beta 2 without having to specify
a gateway, since as stated above not every machine will do have one.
Also acceptable would be an error message stating a gateway needs to be
specified or next button would be blocked as long as not all required
information was given.
This is currently fixed in RHEL 5.1 nightly builds, so I'm closing it.