Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 217639
scim-tables Chang-Jie preedit was not cleared after focus out then focus in.
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:50 EST
Description of problem:
The preedit still exists even user focus out and focus in SCIM.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Ensure scim, scim-tables, scim-tables-chinese have been installed.
2. Ensure scim is started by default: at gnome desktop, use im-chooser on system
3. Ensure Chang Jie (5) was selected in SCIM: right click SCIM icon on taskbar
and select config item, go to IME selection tab and tick Chinese -> Chang Jie 5.
4. Start gedit: at gnome desktop, press alt-F2, input gedit and press enter.
5. Press ctrl space to turn on SCIM, click IME name on tool bar and change to
Chang Jie 5.
6. Input 'a' key, it will becomes 日 on preedit and candidate list is shown.
7. Press ctrl space twice, the preedit buffer is still there.
Preedit buffer is not cleared.
Preedit buffer is cleared.
Not sure whether Changjie 3 and Changjie have same problem or not.
Also happens with scim-pinyin apparently.
I guess this is related to scim-bridge since the sense that
we have gtkimm-clear-preedit-on-reset-174143.patch in our scim package.
Should we modify scim-bridge to do the same?
As it stands this coincides with upstream's preedit behaviour.
See bug 174143 for the scim case.
FYI, Chewing's behavior has been changed to "clearing" by me, after upstream's
IMHO, as Chang Jie is currently not be used with long preedit during inputting
(i.e. the frequency that users commit characters in preedit is relatively high),
it doen't not very make sense to keep preedit after focus out and in.
IMO, keeping preedit string after focus out is complex, maybe it will make users
I think commiting preedit string or clearing it are more appropriate.
Created attachment 150350 [details]
Built & sent patch to upstream.
This is good to push to FC6.