I noticed that at least one of the *.elc files included
in this emacs-el package was compiled with lucid emacs.
I found the information below in the first few lines of
the file `/usr/share/emacs/20.3/lisp/mail/mh-e.elc'.
I knew something was wrong when running `mh-rmail' caused
emacs to abort. Re-compiling all the lisp files under
`/usr/share/emacs/20.3' seems to have fixed this (except
that I couldn't re-compile:
because it was taking too long).
Here's the header information I found in `mh-e.elc':
;;; compiled by firstname.lastname@example.org on Wed Mar 31
;;; from file
;;; emacs version 20.4 "Emerald" XEmacs Lucid.
;;; bytecomp version 2.25 XEmacs; 22-Mar-96.
;;; optimization is on.
;;; this file uses opcodes which do not exist in Emacs 19.
Preston, is all yours, baby!
arg, yes I byte-compiled the mh mode in lucid by mistake when I was
fixing some paths.
Owen is taking care of this right now. Owen, please close the bug
when you have got it done.