Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 219232
Install from DVD ISO fails after package installation started
Last modified: 2008-08-02 19:40:33 EDT
Description of problem:
I wanted to install RHEL5 from a partition that contained the DVD ISO file to
another, different partition where RHEL5 was to be installed. About halfway
through the final package installation step, Anaconda shows an error message
about not being able to access the second CD.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Hapenned once, haven't tried it again. Should always be reproducible.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Copied the ISO to an ext3 fs on /dev/hda1
2) Burned the boot.iso image from the same DVD and booted from the boot.iso CD
3) Selected "hard drive" as installation method
4) Pointed the installer to /dev/hda1
5) Stage 2 of the install executed successfully, and moved on to the next steps.
6) Install failed almost half way through the final package installation step
with a message telling that it couldn't find the second CD.
The data is actually on the DVD, so the install should proceed normally.
In a worst case scenario (if we can't make the install work with a mounted DVD),
we should bail out right at the beginning of the install. i.e. not after the
partition was formatted and the package installation started.
What's the error message you received? Can you provide /tmp/anaconda.log from
when it failed?
requested by Jams Antill