Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 219514
query.py should get email address from web_user_personal_info
Last modified: 2008-01-11 11:59:03 EST
Description of problem:
A tool used by prod ops (backend/tools/query.py) references rhnEmailAddress to
look up email addresses. The UserService does not keep this information in
sync, so the temporary fix is probably to make this tool consistent with other
areas of the application until full UserService integration has been completed.
Other portions of the application get email from the web_user_personal_info table.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Change email address through RHN web site.
2. Errata email from prod-ops goes to the old email address listed in
Email goes to the old address in rhnEmailAddress
Email goes to the address that is updated through UserService in
Another work item:
DROP TABLE RHNEMAILADDRESS;
r108129 in svn includes the change for trunk will be merged into 416 in
preparation for a hotfix once QA approves.
1) Use an account in webqa that has existed since before 4.1.5. Login and make
sure you have systems registered that need errata.
2) Find a system needing errata and look for the ID of a specific errata by
looking at the ID in the path:
the ID is 5281
3) Change your email address in your account to something new. Say,
4) stop sendmail on scripts.back-webqa so we don't send any real mail
5) Start fakemail server on scripts (util I found while testing this bug):
/usr/bin/fakemail.py --port 25 --log=/var/log/errata/mail-log.log
Its a fake email server that listends on port 25.
6) Fire up the errata mail tool for above bug:
7) It takes an hour or 2. When its done running grep the
/var/log/errata/mail-log.log for your updated email address, should be included.
Verified. Ready to go to stage.